See how SALTO can work for you
SALTO for Education
SALTO solutions are present in educational environments around the world where they provide security, access control, and campus management. Security measures in universities, colleges, and schools need to be robust and effective but unobtrusive. Parents need to trust educational institutions to look after their children, so it is vital that they provide effective 24/7 security and ensure both students and staff are always safe and protected. This is especially true in a campus housing environment, where many of the students are living away from home for the first time.
Building entrances, classrooms, lecture rooms, libraries, laboratories, staff rooms, sports centers, student housing, and more can all be protected by smart access control that allows access to specific rooms or areas for selected periods only, with doors auto locking at pre-specified times as necessary. And, if required, they can also incorporate features such as lockdown that enable classrooms and facilities to be quickly locked during a security or other emergency event.
Providing a safe and convenient environment for pupils, students and staff:
- Differentiate easily who has access and when to such different places as offices, residences, laboratories, libraries, athletic and cultural facilities, common areas, etc.
- Distinguish access not just by physical location but also by duration, easily managing access for short-term guests (i.e., conference attendees), contract and temporary workers, as well as staff and students.
- Integrate access control along with other campus services (i.e., cashless vending, canteens, library systems, transportation) all on one credential.
- System flexibility permits the easy change of access plans thereby facilitating the individual programming of certain installations for conferences, sport and cultural events, etc.
- In emergency situations, the local lockdown feature allows authorized users to put SALTO electronic locks into stand-alone lockdown mode.
Special SALTO features for Education
SALTO AMOK electronic escutcheons have a built-in card reader on the inner escutcheon. This inner reader enables users to activate the AMOK function mode in order to lockdown a room quickly. Only authorized users with AMOK privileges on their access plan can activate it.
Automatic key assignment
Automatic key assignment allows keycards to be encoded directly via a wall reader at the main point of access. This can be done the first time a user presents a card, saving time, hassle and the need to queue for card validation.
SALTO for Healthcare
SALTO solutions are present in healthcare environments such as hospitals and clinics, elderly homes and assisted living apartments, doctor and dentist offices, home care, social centers, group housing, and more where they provide security, access control, and resident and staff management. The challenges involved in securing a hospital or other healthcare environment are unlike those in almost any other building.
Most healthcare facilities are open 24/7 and have relatively open access because they want to provide a welcoming environment. While this dictates that it is often necessary to allow for high levels of public access to the hospital or other health service amenity, including the routes linking different departments, entry to many back-of-house areas and most other facilities needs to be restricted for the protection of patients, doctors, nurses, care staff, administrative personnel, visitors, suppliers and the property itself. How this is achieved depends on many factors including the level of security and convenience required in specific areas such as operating theaters, consulting rooms, pharmacies, laboratories, drug cabinets, surgical wards and so on but whatever the access control solution used, it has to be both secure and flexible so that staff and patient safety is maintained.
Providing a safe and convenient environment for employees, patients, visitors and external staff:
- Differentiate easily who has access, when and for how long to such different places as emergency wards, patient rooms, pharmacy and surgeries, staff offices, etc.
- Protect against theft of drugs, pharmaceuticals or personal belongings by providing a secure, positive environment that is in the best interests of all the stakeholders of the facility: patients, staff, family and guests, community leaders, financing entities.
- Manage access to a health service’s network of diverse community centers, clinics, staff offices all from the same credential as used at the main hospital.
- Employ reliable and intuitive products and technologies developed for hard use in high traffic areas including parking zones, emergency and public main entrances.
- Extend the security of a system’s access plan to include even mobile workers easily and without sacrificing productivity.
Special SALTO features for the Healthcare industry
BioCote® Antimicrobial Silver Ion Technology
SALTO Systems, in partnership with BioCote®, uses this leading antimicrobial silver ion technology that helps eliminate up to 99.99% of microbes on product surfaces to help provide a cleaner, safer and more hygienic environment for staff, visitors and patients.
XS4 GEO grips
XS4 GEO cylinder grips have been designed to improve the operation of XS4 GEO electronic cylinders. Suitable for use in the healthcare industry, these grips are BioCoted, and DDA compliant. A range of colors enables users, even those with impaired vision, to easily distinguish between different areas.
JustIN mSVN (mobile SALTO Virtual Network) allows the updating of a person’s access rights remotely using SALTO’s JustIN mSVN app for NFC-enabled smartphones. This solution is extremely suitable for mobile staff including home care workers who can update their access credentials remotely without having to use a wired update point at a central facility.
SALTO for Government
SALTO solutions are used in all types of public administration buildings, such as town and city council facilities, state & federal administration, police & court facilities, military bases and more where they provide security, access control, and personnel management. From national to local, federal to state, government departments and agencies must be open and accessible to the general public where required but also able to efficiently separate high-traffic public areas from staff-only, restricted areas while providing effective security to all their users.
With numerous entrances and access rights, it is critical to ensure the required level of security is understood and maintained. From restricted areas and sensitive data that must be secured and protected, through providing staff with undisturbed and protected places to work, smart access control is vital to provide the necessary combination of control and flexibility.
Providing a safe and convenient environment for staff, clients and external suppliers through:
- Separate public and restricted areas in an access plan by differentiating easily who has access and when to such different places as public transit areas, specific service areas, individual offices, floors, or buildings.
- Optimize the use of libraries, public access areas of public buildings and parking areas by employing the flexibility of the system to change access plans easily thereby allowing the individual programming of certain installations.
- If an emergency requires it, utilize lockdown functionality to help bring control to the situation.
- Employ heavy-duty locks for high-traffic doors that meet government requirements.
- Establish flexible and secure distribution of access rights for specified areas within a building, as well as for other sites and facilities using the same credential as used at the main location.
Special SALTO features for Government applications
SALTO enables users to make an emergency lockdown of a property in the event of a security incident. Lockdowns can be performed remotely through wireless locks, or locally on AMOK escutcheons. This increases security of both employees and visitors.
Extensive product range
SALTO’s very broad range of solutions is suitable for use with all types of doors, including historic or architecturally listed doors.
SALTO’s mobile solutions featuring our JustIN apps bring real-life usability and flexibility to access control. JustIN mSVN (mobile SALTO Virtual Network) allows the updating of a person’s access rights remotely using SALTO’s JustIN mSVN app for NFC-enabled smartphones. This solution is extremely suitable for mobile staff and maintenance workers who visit remote sites, or staff who only need short, very-timed access. In addition to mSVN, SALTO’s BLE-based solution JustIN Mobile Key, allows users to use their smartphone as a key. SALTO’s mobile solutions are independent from the smartphone manufacturer.
SALTO for Commercial
SALTO solutions are in use around the world in many types of office buildings, with retailers of all types, banks and insurance companies, and in manufacturing and industrial sites where they provide security, access control, and staff and workforce management. Commercial customers need access control to be secure but also be flexible. It is common to have different access rights for different departments, for example in fabrication, production, development and administration areas which can often be in multi-site buildings remote from each another.
Temporary access for visitors also needs to be controlled. Shift work can involve large numbers of staff entering and exiting at different times of the day and night as shifts change, so access control needs to work quickly and flawlessly. Other considerations involve high-security areas like high-value stock rooms, data stores, server rooms and IT facilities where access rights will be restricted to authorized employees only, with an audit trail needed to log exactly who has entered which room, and when.
Providing a safe and convenient environment for employees, visitors and external staff:
- Efficiently use the natural movements of different groups of users within and across the individual areas of the facility, such as reception areas, production areas, parking areas, individual offices, floors, or buildings, to maximize security in an unobtrusive way.
- Protect against theft by using the SALTO platform (SVN + Wireless + mobile) to extend security and audit trail information to access points throughout your facility’s security system: from office doors to data cabinets to parking gates, including remote sites.
- Optimize the use of individual areas of the facility by flexibly changing access plans easily to permit the individual programming of certain installations for conferences and special events.
- Efficient handling of high traffic shift changes. Reliable RFID technology means credentials are read quickly and seamlessly so entry/exit bottlenecks are avoided.
- Seamless integration with Physical Security Information Management Systems (PSIM) and building management systems makes it easy for the facility owner to add SALTO security to existing systems.
Special SALTO features for Commercial applications
Matrix function and locations
The Matrix Access Function simplifies and streamlines the link between users and doors making access planning simple and straightforward.
SALTO’s mobile solutions featuring our JustIN apps bring real-life usability and flexibility to access control. JustIN mSVN (mobile SALTO Virtual Network) allows the updating of a person’s access rights remotely using SALTO’s JustIN mSVN app for NFC-enabled smartphones. This solution is extremely suitable for mobile staff and maintenance workers who visit remote sites, or staff who only need short, very-timed access.